The New Zealand College of Public Health Medicine, the Public Health Association and the Health Promotion Forum warmly welcome you to the inaugural New Zealand Population Health Congress.
The programme will include a range of training options. There will also be opportunities to expand your use of the internet and social media to help equip you with essential population health competencies to practise effectively in the 21st Century.
At the Congress you can expect to:
- engage with challenging and influential local and international speakers
- share your work and learn alongside a diverse range of participants from across public health and other sectors with shared concerns
- be exposed to new ideas, research and experience
- become better equipped to help improve health and reduce health inequalities and equities in the communities you work with
- relax and network at enjoyable social events.
The Congress is expected to attract interest and input from a broad range of cultural, scientific, policy and population health experts and decision-makers – along with many who work at the population health coal-face.
We will also be 'walking the talk' with healthy food, opportunities for exercise, and environmental sustainability built into the programme.
You won't want to miss it, and we look forward to seeing you there. A call for abstracts will be circulated shortly.
Register your interest and find out more at the Congress website.
Canterbury West Coast Branch
The Canterbury West Coast Branch of the PHA is offering sponsorship to assist four people who wish to attend the Population Health Congress, 6-8 October 2014, Auckland.
We are offering:
- two full scholarships
- two registration-only scholarships.
Otago Southland Branch
The Otago Southland Branch of the PHA is pleased to offer a grant-in-aid of up to $1000 to those engaged in study/work relating to public health to attend the New Zealand Population Health Congress. The student sponsorship is offered to current students at Otago University and Otago Polytechnic.
The Wellington Branch of the Public Health Association is offering two scholarships towards attendance at the inaugural the Population Health Congress, 6-8 October 2014, Auckland.
About PHA conferences
The PHA holds a conference in a different region each year.
There are several objectives of the annual conference.
- Education: The conference is a major educational and networking event for groups and individuals working in public health in New Zealand. It can therefore play a significant role in developing and maintaining the competence of public health workers whose needs for continued learning and development are ongoing.
- Advocacy: The conference provides an opportunity for publicity and media events on issues of high public health concern. International and local speakers provide excellent opportunities for advocacy.
- Fundraising: The conference provides an essential basis of financial support for the PHA. It provides funding for the host branch, and for national operations. It provides funding for the host branch, and ensures the PHA has independent income to advocate for public health free from contractual constraints.