On May 22-24, 2013 were held the VI Astana Economic Forum “Ensuring balanced economic growth in a G-Global format” (further – AEF) and World Anti-crisis conference (further – WAC).
The main outcomes of the above listed events became:
- Participation of more than 12 thousand 500 delegates including around 3 thousand 200 foreign delegates from 136 countries, including the following distinguished guests:
- President of the United Nations General Assembly Vuk Jeremic,
- Prime Minister of FYROM Nikola Gruevski,
- Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq Rowsch Noori Sideq Shaways,
- Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, Head of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs Wu Hongbo,
- Under-Secretary-General of the United Nations, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Sven Alkalaj,
- Secretary-General of the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) Supachai Panitchpakdi,
- Deputy Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Alejandro Jara,
- 30 heads of international organizations,
- 12 former Heads of the states and Governments,
- 10 Nobel Prize winners,
- 40 ministers,
- 28 deputy ministers,
- representatives of central banks, parliaments, world Mass Media, Ambassadors, TNC executives;
- realization of 85 events of various formats in the framework of AEF;
- more than 600 and around 80 delegates participated in the Forum as speakers and moderators respectively;
- realization of the First World Anti-crisis conference with 3 panel sessions and 4 round-table discussions;
- signing of 85 agreements and memorandums for further cooperation for the total sum of more than 2,7 billion US Dollars, including around 500 million US Dollars – agreements and contracts on innovational projects.
The President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev in his speech for the opening ceremony of WAC pointed out five lessons, which were comprehended during the global crisis that were principally important in a process of development of World Anti-crisis plan:
1) despite the assurances of many financial institutions that financial crisis ended, it continues, more over it threatens by painful “bursts” of a number of local financial systems,
2) global recession is caused by the anti-crisis measures taken on national levels,
3) it is necessary to overcome the lack of trust between global financial institutions and nation states, between the actors of the financial sector and real economy, among countries,
4) financial sector cannot and must not develop in isolation from the real sector, both at global and national level,
5) current global crisis is multidimensional, and its course and dynamics are set not only by economic, but also political, humanitarian and moral reasons.
Also the key provisions of the President's statements were the following:
1) Kazakhstan is achieving the target to enter the club of 50 most competitive countries in the world,
2) Strategy “Kazakhstan 2050” will contribute to the transformation of Kazakhstan into a top 30 most developed country of the world, where progress is based on innovative economic and social principles,
3) actively develop renewable energy sources and allocate 2% of GDP annually for investments into “green modernization”,
4) establishment of the Board of Trustees to finance the research of fundamental aspects of the idea of G-Global.
The main outcome of WAC is the adoption of the Astana Declaration and directions of the World Anti-crisis Plan project to be adopted at the next World Anti-crisis Conference in 2014. The main document is available on the websites for discussions by the internet community. It is planned to promote the document and discussions at the upcoming events in different countries.
As the outcome of the VI Astana Economic Forum and World Anti-crisis Conference received about 110 full recommendations from the representatives of 40 states, which are included in the final recommendations to the leaders of the G20.
Declaration and Recommendations of the VI AEF will be transferred on the level of decision making to G20, and G-8, IMF, WB and UN.
Since June 1 of the current year at the website of G-Global (www.group-global.org) begins preparation of section of the VII AEF and II WAC. From July 1 of the current year until May 1, 2014 launch of the section and quarterly competitions at the website G-Global.