In the decision of the global power problem characterized by ecological questions, connected with climate change, necessity of decrease in emissions of hotbed gases, decrease in stocks and исчерпаемостью non-renewable fuel and energy resources, in world economy the increasing attention is given to questions of use of renewed energy sources.
By expert estimations, the potential of renewed power resources (hydraulic power, wind and solar energy) in Kazakhstan is rather considerable and is estimated by size over 1 trillion кW.h in a year.
For territory of Kazakhstan following kinds of renewed energy sources are most perspective:
- Wind energy;
- Small hydroelectric power stations;
- Solar installations for manufactures of thermal and electric energy.
The ministry on a constant basis carries out monitoring behind use of renewed energy sources. Following the results of the spent monitoring in October 2011 Development of electric energy by objects RES for 1st half-year 2012 made 200,72 million kWh. that on 3,72 million kWh or for 1,89 % it is more than for 1-half-year 2011.
Within the limits of the Government program on the forced industrially-innovative development of Republic Kazakhstan, following the results of 2014 the volume of developed electric energy renewed sources should reach 1 billion кW.h in a year.
Performance of objects in view probably to reach by involving in a power balance of renewed energy sources. Realization of projects in the field of use RES for this purpose is required. According to the Branch Program of development of electric power industry for 2010-2014, introduction of some projects in the field of use RES is provided.
Realization of the given projects is supposed to be carried out at the expense of own and extra means of investors. Thereupon with a view of acceptance of measures of support of use RES, the Ministry as the authorized body in the field of use of renewed energy sources conducts work on creation of necessary conditions with a view of involving in a power balance of renewed energy sources.
On July 4th, 2009 the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «About support of use of Renewable Sources of Energy» has been passed.
The law, are provided a number of measures on support of renewed energy sources, including:
- Reservation and a priority by granting of the ground areas for building of objects of renewed energy sources;
- Obligations power transferring to the organization on purchase of the electric power made with use of renewed energy sources;
- Clearing of renewed energy sources of a payment for electric power transport on networks;
- Support at connection of objects on use of renewed energy sources to networks of the power transferring organization;
- Granting physical and to the legal bodies who are carrying out designing, building and operation of objects on use of renewed energy sources, investment preferences according to the legislation of Republic Kazakhstan on investments.
In Law realization a number of legal certificates has been accepted:
- Rules of realization of monitoring behind use of renewed energy sources
- Rules of purchase of electric energy at the qualified power making organizations
- Rules of definition of the nearest point of connection to electric or thermal networks and connections of objects on use of renewed energy sources
- Rules, terms of the coordination and the statement of feasibility reports and civil-engineering designs of objects on use of renewed energy sources
According to the Law the Plan of placing of objects on use of renewed energy sources which is the visual aid for potential investors in definition and a choice of the most perspective platforms for placing of objects with a view of realization of projects in the field of use RES in republic territory is developed and confirmed by the order of the Ministry of industry and new technologies.
Besides, within the limits of the project «Kazakhstan – the initiative of development of the market of wind energy» is developed an information directory «About an order of preparation, the coordination, the statement and realization of civil-engineering designs of objects on use of renewed energy sources in Republic of Kazakhstan».
Thus, after adoption of the law of the Republic of Kazakhstan «About support of use of renewed energy sources» the begun work has revealed some question, projects complicating realization in the field of use RES, including absence of possibility of attraction of extra means at the initial stage of realization of the project, absence of clear guarantees for investors and banks, absence of possibility of transfer of the earths from one category in another for placing of objects RES etc.
Thereupon, by the Ministry there is begun work on preparation of the draft of the Low of the Republic of Kazakhstan «About modification and additions in some acts of Republic of Kazakhstan concerning support of use of renewed energy sources». As a bill Main objective acts: development of use of renewed energy sources, support of potential investors at realization of projects in the field of use of renewed energy sources, transparency and clearness increase, unobstructed realization of projects in the field of use of renewed energy sources.
The bill is directed on introduction of system of the fixed tariffs from objects RES which will affirm the Republic Kazakhstan Government for the guaranteed period that will act as a guarantee for investors on a reflexivity of the enclosed means.
Introduction of the fixed tariffs will act as a guarantee for investors on a reflexivity of the enclosed means, will help to clear up on size of tariffs from objects RES, considering that fact that the sphere of use RES is capital-intensive, and without an offered sort of guarantees to involve investors in the given area it will be inconvenient. The investor should calculate all expenses and risks for objects RES, carefully to compare this manufacture to the fixed tariff and to make the decision pro or contra of investment.
On September 30th, 2011, The bill is submitted for consideration in Mazhilis of the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan .