How to use this guide
This guide is a quick information source for counselors, instructors and any other person interested in a biotechnology career. Most of the guide is about entry level jobs for people holding high school diplomas, associate or bachelor’s degrees. Pages are easily photocopied or available in electronic formatfrom www.cccbiotech.org.
Chapter1: Biotechnology in theUnited States
- Why choose a careerin biotechnology?
- Jobs and job locations
- Overviews of states with the highest number of biotech jobs
Chapter 2: Qualifications, Training and Interests
- Required skills
- Community College biotechnology programs
- Bioscience/related community college programs
- Interests, Education and Training
- Where to find a job
- Map of California Community College Applied Biotechnology Centers
Chapter 3: Best Jobs in Biotechnology
- A total of 23 entry‐level and otherjobs in alphabetical order
- Skill, Training, interests
- Training programs at the Community College level
Chapter 4: Finding a Job
- Find biotechnology employers in each state
- How offine a job
- List of web sites useful to job seekers
Chapter 5: Bibliography and Acknowledgements
References used for this edition of Careers inBiotechnology including peoplewho kindly helpedwith information.
Chapter 6:Glossary—definitions oftechnicalterms.
This section provides definitions of technical terms used in this book.